I’ve been getting requests on more ideas, so here they are:
1. Freelance: it could be writing, editing, photography. You can be your own boss without having to go to an office. Maybe you’ll still work outside of home, but I’m just not one for sitting in that god awful florescent lighting listening to phones ringing and keyboards clicking and coughing from the next cubicle. This is better.
2. Be a personal trainer. If you’re in decent shape, this is plausible. You might work at a gym. You might gather clients from your circle of friends and family members and work from home. Either way, America is getting fat and you shouldn’t have a hard time finding people to help. You can help them grocery shop. You can go on runs with them. They pay you for you to stay in shape while getting them in shape too. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it?
3. If you want more of a hands-on kind of job, consider going to a technical college like Ranken to learn to be an electrician, plumber, etc. You’ll be working with objects rather than computers. Plus, I hear those guys can make bank.
4. Clean houses. If you don’t mind the physical labor, you can do okay for yourself with this. Sure, you’ll be in other people’s homes, but you’ll be doing something active. You won’t be stuck behind a desk. You also set your own hours, so you won’t be doing that 8-5 grind.
5. Be an IT guy. Know much about computers? You can make huge money doing this. Of course, you’ll be behind a computer. But you could be behind your computer on your couch, versus in an office somewhere.
There you have it. 5 more super awesome ideas for working from home. Enjoy.